Living your life as a college student can get complicated. You have coursework and social life to attend to. Sometimes you slip and end up with multiple assignments to complete simultaneously. As a result, you hit deadlines with unfinished work, which negatively affects your performance.
A planner can be an excellent remedy for staying on top of classwork. You can quickly see what to do at a particular time by tracking pending duties. That way, you complete urgent classwork on time and spend your free time on your social life or work.
When you have everything under control as a uni student, living an organized and stress-free life promotes your mental health. If you feel like you always have little time to handle your classwork, working with a paperwriter service can free up more time. Then, you can attend school parties and events or mingle with friends without worrying about classwork.
Here are ways calendar apps can help you simplify your schedule and put you ahead of your coursework.
1. Stay Productive
You can know what task is due, but finishing it up can be difficult because of distractions from friends or yourself. Sometimes, you overfocus on a project, only realizing it when you’re exhausted.
Add a timetable to your phone if you struggle to stay productive. Most time management apps have timer features that let you focus during work. Manually set a period for focusing and another one for a break.
Most calendars integrate with time tracking software. You can also connect the planner to other phone apps to streamline workflow. Time-blocking apps allocate a specific period to focus on work and breaks.
2. Get Organized
Have you ever had assignments to complete and exams to study for simultaneously? Planners are superb tools that help you organize all your. Planning lets you know what to do on a particular date. It also helps you complete your assignments promptly and catch important events.
Calendars have planners, to-do lists, and schedulers to plan your day or week. To stay organized, write down all upcoming duties in order of priority and estimate the period each can take. Depending on the app, you’ll get reminders or notifications about your pending tasks at a specific time.
Thus, you complete each task without struggling to do them all simultaneously. Review assignments on the planner and reschedule them when necessary. Check your to-do list for the following day the night before to prepare mentally for it. Toggle on repeat for the duties you do daily or often.
3. Manage Your Time Efficiently
Managing your time as a student is vital. Good time management allows you to be in the right places at the right time. You won’t worry about missing a class or reporting late for exams.
Having a timetable as a student can help you manage your work efficiently, keeping you on top of your coursework.
Here are some ways you can use planners to manage your time as a student:
- To-do lists – Calendar apps allow one to enter lists of things they want to do for the following month, week, or day. Google Calendar, for example, has daily calendar tasks that allow you to set tasks for a specific period.When the date to start a task comes, the calendar sends you a reminder to start working. Completing tasks as they come helps you manage your time efficiently.
- Integrate the calendar with other apps – Connect your calendar app with other phone apps to manage your time efficiently. For example, adding a time-tracking extension to your calendar can help you see how much time you spend on assignments. This makes it clear when the tasks take longer than you think, which allows you to adjust your calendar accordingly.
- Complete tasks depending on their priority – If you want to avoid going out at the expense of doing class work and assessments, calendar apps are your friend. Add tasks depending on their priority. That way, you attend to more important or urgent tasks and complete the less urgent ones later.
Most calendar apps use color coding to distinguish urgent tasks or group similar ones. Red can mean an urgent or essential task. Other apps like Google Calendar use stars to mark urgent or meaningful work.
4. Share Your Calendar With Friends or an Accountability Partner
Most digital calendars are shareable. Inviting others through email or sharing a link to your calendar grants them access. Businesses share calendars to schedule meetings. But as a college student, you can share your calendar link for a different purpose.
5. Use One Calendar App
Many planners serve a specific purpose. With multiple options, settling for a suitable one is challenging. You might have several planners on your phone or laptop, which is unsuitable. Focusing on upcoming tasks can be challenging since reminders and notifications are everywhere.That way, you become productive and manage your time efficiently. Below is a list of the best planners for college students:
- Easy Study
- My study life
- Power planner
- School planner
- Study Bunny
Managing classwork and social life as a college student can get overwhelming. To stay on top of your coursework, use planners. They are a great resource to help you complete your assignments promptly by planning, blocking, and tracking your time.