With the huge spike in the popularity of cryptocurrency, many people are thinking of investing their money. And if you are one of those people, you probably are trying to find the best way to go about this, as you need to make the decision when it comes to how, what, and where you want to invest.
One thing that is important to understand with cryptocurrency is how it works, so you are probably finding yourself reading a lot about blockchains, in which case you might be wondering what are the best places to learn about them.
What is the blockchain?
Blockchain is a digital network that records and tracks assets that are distributed on it. Each transaction is a “block” and interconnects the database as the “chain”. the storage is what is known as a “digital warehouse”. In general, we can classify assets into tangible and intangible categories.
Intangible assets are ineffectual properties, patents, copyrighting, etc. Tangible on the other hand are things like houses, parts of land, boats, and so on. If an asset changes its value, you can most likely track and trade it. When it comes to the intangible ones, you can trade them on the blockchain and when you do, it creates an additional chain or adds an additional block.
The “chain” has all of the information about the transaction while simultaneously linking one block with another. Linking all this with the data chain, it is creating a safer blockchain and prevents any malware from entering. This way it is building a secure network, with full transparency, that members can trust. The bigger the network, the safer it gets.
Many companies have also turned to this network for the above-mentioned reasons and for increased efficiency.
The best places to learn about blockchain
In the sea of information and offers to learn about this type of technology that the internet offers, it’s easy to get lost and it may be hard to make a decision where to actually start. There are many great courses out there and in this article, we will help you make that choice, by bringing you the 5 best courses and telling you more about what they offer.
1. Blockchain Council
This course offers you inspector-lead training, that will familiarise you with blockchain-based solutions. You will also learn how to use it in things like health care, obscurity, and other industries. By the end of this course, you will be a certified expert.
2. 101 Blockchain Academy
This academy is clearly new, existing for 2 years only, but it has built a reputation in this short time frame. After taking any of their courses you will have one of four certificates. They also cover various topics, and you can focus on the relevant ones for you. If after the course you want to learn more, you can do just that as they offer advanced courses as well. From how to create your own blockchain to how to use them in supply chains, you can learn pretty much anything.
3. Code Academy
Code Academy is offering 2 hours long trained course that will get you familiar with the basics in this field. You will learn about how blockchain is built and why it is so popular. It’s a quick course that will give you all the knowledge you need to understand the basics.
Ed has many courses on blockchain and related topics. What makes them stand out from their competitors is that they include real courses from recognized institutions all over the world, including Harvard, MIT, and Barkeeper.
Here are some examples of the courses you can take.
- Blockchain Fundamentals: This course is offered by Berkeley University and has 2 courses with professional certification
- Blockchain for Business: It is offered by Linux Foundation and includes 2 certification courses
- Fichte: It is offered by The University of Dong Kong (HKU) and includes 3 courses with certification
- Blockchain Technology: Berkeley University offers this course.
- Blockchain & Fichte: This is offered by HKU and includes the basics, limitations, and blockchain applications.
- Introduction to Hyper ledger blockchain Technologies: This is a Linux Foundation course.
- block chain Fundamentals: Berkeley University offers 2 courses with certification
- Developing Blockchain-based Identity Applications: Linux Foundation offers 2 courses on this topic with certification.
- Blockchain: This course is offered by Linux Foundation and covers the uses and applications of blockchain.
- Introduction to Hyper ledger Sovereign Identity blockchain Solutions by the Linux Foundation
- Bitcoin and currencies by Berkeley university
- Fichte Ethics & Risks by The University of Dong Kong (HKU)
- Introduction to Fichte by HKU
5. Blockchain A-Z
This course offers you the ins and outs of blockchain technology. You will learn why blockchain is important, how to create it, how currencies on it operate, and how transactions work. By the end of this course, you will be able to create your own cryptocurrency. An important thing to note is that you do need a solid knowledge of mathematics. Fundamental knowledge of Python is a good thing to have as a background, but don’t be worried if you don’t, as the course includes all the code you need to know to complete it.
As the use of blockchain increases in everyday life and supply chain, automotive, and other industries, it’s good to have some kind of understanding of how it works. We never know what the future will bring, and with this type of skill set, you can dive into new and exciting careerism or even earn interest on cryptocurrency potentially investing crypto yourself.